Will this work across site collections?

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Will this work if the list is created in a different site collection where I actually want to use the navigation?

I.e. I would like to create/maintain the list in a central location, but then use it to drive navigation across multiple site collections?

I ask because it appears to be working but all it does is remove all of the global navigation links on my site...so I think it is doing what it is supposed to, just not getting the data to replace the navigation elements with since it's on a different site (?)

Thanks

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Nevermind -- thanks.  I had deployed under SP 2010 and that does not have the 12-hive so it could not find the XML file.  I simply created a 12-hive folder and put the file there, then it worked.

I do have one other question however -- is it possible to have nested list items?  I.e. I currently have a top-level link called Site 1.  And I'd like to set it up so that Site1 is a label and Site2 and Site3, and maybe others appear in a drop down associated with Site 1.  Is this possible without modifying the component or would this require a modification?

Thanks